HDfury X4 is now capable of converting 1080p HDR to 1080p SDR for perfect streaming while gaming in 4K HDR, for ambient light solution or for capture and display needs.
The difficulty with this type of HDR to SDR conversion actually does not lie in the algorithmic mapping of HDR PQ signal into the SDR domain, but the fact that the result video even when converted with just PQ conversion does not look the same on TV. Its clear that when a HDR tv goes into HDR mode, it activates processing that is not uniform across different TVs. the image appears somewhat different between HDR TVs based on our experiments.
What you see on HDR TV – when converted back to SDR – does not appear similar on different 1080p screens because the HDR image already was different. Also, different HDR sources are mastered for different target nits. Some for 1100 / 1400 or 4000 or 10000 nits. Regular SDR is 300nits. So converting and scaling from a moving target into 300nits is another issue. Sometimes image is darker and sometimes lighter. Unit ships with Scaler Firmware as default. The HDfury X4 is an updated version of the HDfury4 platform running the Scaler Firmware.
The HDfury X4 platform is also capable of running the 3D conversion firmware or the HDR to SDR conversion firmware.
Owners of any HDfury X4 or previous models can flash any firmware (HDR to SDR, Scaler or 3D Conversion) at anytime.
See specifications below.
Provided in Australia by EZYHD est 2007
- 1 x HDMI v1.4 (DVI 1.0 compatible)
- 12-bit deep colour HDMI native support
- Automatic Input Format Detection: Digital YCbCr and RGB
- Digital HDMI / DVI-D and/or VGA FEMALE output connector, 10 bit analog resolution.
- HDCP supported (Integrated HDCP decipher engine, Pre-programmed HDCP key)
- Horizontal shift capability for RGB output mode
- Enabled with a dip-switch, applied with push-buttons
- Output horizontal and vertical sync polarity selector for RGB modes (dip switch)
- Digital Output format: Either HDMI or DVI-D
- 11-bit 225MHz DAC processing (for true 10-bit analog output)
- Two separate Internal EDID EEPROM with complete CEA861 extension block, Dip-switch selectable
- One EDID supports all formats
- The other EDID is up to 1080i, and no 24Hz support (by default, reprogrammable)
- Full BTB and WTW support in YPbPb output
- Automatically switches colour-spaces for both HDTV and SDTV
- Precise black levels – no black crush in any standard mode
- Integrated RGB Colour Space Converter for both RGB-to-YCbCr and YCbCr-to-RGB (both 601 and 709) with true 12-bit accurate data using 14-bit processing
- 4:2:2 <> 4:4:4 converter with 12-bit accurate data using 14-bit processing
- Analog Output format
- Either RGB or YPbPr, dip-switch selectable
- YPbPr requires VGA->3RCA breakout cable
- All HD/SDTV formats from 1080p down to 480i, NTSC and PAL
- Including 1080p @ 72Hz PAL and NTSC (for RGB output only)
- Including 1080p @ 24Hz PAL and NTSC
- HDMI 1.4
- DVI 1.0
- HDCP 1.1
Digital Video Input / Output
- Dual integrated HDMI 1.4 cores
- Supports DTV resolutions up to 1080p @ 72Hz or 720p/1080i @ 120Hz with 36-bit color depth.
- Flexible digital video interface:- 24/30/36-bit RGB/YCbCr 4:4:4- 16/20/24-bit YCbCr 4:2:2- 8/10/12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 (ITU-R BT.656)
Digital Audio Output
- HDMI audio passthrough
- Industry-standard S/PDIF output
- Supports 2-channel 32-192kHz stereo audio
- Supports IEC60958 2-channel PCM
- Capable of passing IEC61937 compressed audio (5.1 Dolby® Digital, DTS, etc.)
- 7.1 Dolby® True HD & DTS Master Audio
Dual purpose audio output connector
- SPDIF digital output for 5.1 Dolby/DTS
- Analog L/R 2-channel stereo
The HDMI to RGB/YUV/DVI & HDMI kit includes:
- HDfury X4 Converter
- Component extender cable
- Digital Audio extender cable
- BNC, VGA and DB9 RGBHV extender cable
- Choice of power supply
- USB > mini USB cable